Jigging fishing trip on the Arctic Circle Lake Miekojärvi in Finnish Lapland
Come jigging for zander in their northernmost natural habitat in the world, Lake Miekojärvi. The best time for jigging on the lake in May to July is from 7 PM to 1 AM. From August to October, the timetable moves forward a little due to the earlier darkness. Other jigging catches include pike and perch. Jigging takes place on a Sirmet boat, which holds all the necessary equipment. You can also use your own rod and lures if preferred. The captain and guide of the vessel is a fishing professional. He or she teaches the most important aspects of jigging, as well as offering information about fishing the lake and its history.
During storms, we do not travel on the lake, as it is unsafe to move on the water. A fishing permit is required for those aged 18-64 who wish to fish the lake. The fishing permit can be easily obtained from the Eräluvat.fi website.
Our options for jigging include:
- JIGGING FISHING TRIP
Duration of the trip, approx. 4 hours (max. 5 participants)
- Departure from Sirkkakoski fishing port
- Free fishing in the best spots, according to the weather, approx 3 hours
- Participants bring their own lunches
- If desired, travelers can take 20% of the catch with them
- JIGGING FISHING PROGRAMME ON LAKE MIEKOJÄRVI
Duration of the trip, approx 5 hours (max. 5 participants)
- Free fishing in the best spots, according to the weather, approx 2 hours
- Lunch, with special treats from Lake Miekojärvi, in a laavu (Finnish lean-to) or kota (Sami hut), approx. 1 hour
- Fishing continues for 1 hour
- If desired, participants can take 20% of the catch with them
If you have special requests, please inquire for a price quote. We will try to customise the fishing experience to your liking.